2nd Line Support Engineer
Are you looking for a 2nd line support role within a personal, professional and award winning team? Enhanced take great pride in supplying exceptional IT support. If you are a highly motivated individual who can work in a fast-paced environment, this could be the role for you.
What will you be doing?
- The primary objective of this role will be to log, manage and resolve 1st and 2nd line Infrastructure support calls generated from our customer base or projects team.
- You will investigate a broad range of issues and other requests for support to determine appropriate actions to undertake. The job holder will work closely with the team on the Infrastructure support helpdesk to deal with a range of issues, including complex issues, where necessary.
- On a day to day basis, ensure the client’s core infrastructure is monitored and maintained to a high quality with specific reference to availability, performance, security and operability. This will cover servers, networks, telecoms, firewalls/routers/switches and storage.
- Monitor the progress of requests for support and ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimise delays for clients.
What skills and experience should you have?
You'll need 2- 3 years’ strong Infrastructure experience in a similar position, desirably within another IT reseller. You will have a commercial understanding of the solutions and services provided by Enhanced and must demonstrate an awareness of what a business and its users need and expect from their IT Infrastructure.
As an excellent problem solver with excellent troubleshooting skills, you will have the ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task. The ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing is key to this position. As this role may involve occasional client site visits, a driving licence is essential with access to a vehicle.
The skills and knowledge of the jobholder should cover the areas of configuration, analysis and support for some or all the following products or similar:
- VMware administration
- Strong Office 365 administration experience
- Microsoft Active Directory & Exchange administration
- Strong desktop support
- Understanding of networking principles and ability to troubleshoot basic networking related issues
- Firewall administration
- Experience with various backup technologies
- Knowledge of N-Able remote monitoring or similar
What's in it for you?
- A professional but fun working environment
- Commitment to your development
- Competitive salary
- 23 days holiday, rising by 1 day per year, up to 25 days