Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is seeking an Infrastructure Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
Working alone or as part of a team, you will be required to carry out Infrastructure projects from design to implementation. A varied role for an individual who is looking to develop their technical knowledge and experience, by working with a variety of different Infrastructure environments. A project at Enhanced can consist of a small scale 2-3-day project, right through to larger implementations that can exceed 20 days. You’ll need to be able to implement and deliver high quality technical solutions, across a broad range of technical disciplines, which include server infrastructure, security, cloud technologies, storage solutions and networking.
When you’re not delivering new projects, you will be expected to be involved in third line support, proactively developing and maintaining existing customer’s infrastructure and working on in-house projects.
What skills and experience should you have?
The techy bits:
- Knowledge of the setup, configuration, migration and support for some or all the following products or similar:
- VMware vSphere 5.x and 6.
- Office 365 (Setup & Migrations)
- Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server & Windows Clients
- Veeam Backup and Replication
- Symantec Cloud
- Eset & Kaspersky Antivirus
- Watchguard XTM Firewall
- Draytek Routers & Access Points
- Linux (Centos / Red Hat)
- HP ML and DL servers & HP Switching
- NAble Remote Network Monitoring
- Some knowledge of VOIP Telephony would also be advantageous
- Probably educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification such as MCP, VCP, MCSA or similar.
- 3+ years technical experience in a similar position, desirably within another IT reseller.
- 3+ years of experience delivering clients infrastructure solutions and communicating with users at all levels on technical issues and projects.
The commercial bits:
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for travel to client site.
- Proven commercial approach to project delivery with the ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Must demonstrate a commercial awareness of what a business and its users need and expect from their IT Infrastructure.
- Excellent problem solving skills with an ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders across the business, particularly in projects where multiple Enhanced services are delivered.
- Work methodically and thoroughly with attention to detail.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate appropriately.
What's in it for you?
- 23 days holiday, rising by 1 day per year of service, up to 25 days, after 2 years' service.
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience) + car allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Access to use the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture.