Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is seeking an experienced Infrastructure Support Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
Providing a timely and expert support service to the Enhanced Infrastructure clients, you will be working on complex 2nd/3rd line support queries with end users, colleagues and suppliers. The role requires you to be a point of escalation to investigate a broad range of issues to determine appropriate actions to undertake. You will be expected to clearly document and log your support queries in to the support system. Occasionally, you will be involved in ad-hoc project work which may require you to visit a client on site.
What skills and experience should you have?
The techy bits:
- Knowledge of the setup, configuration, migration and support for some or all the following products or similar: VMware VSphere 5.x and 6.x, Office 365 (setup & migrations), Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and Windows Clients, Veeam Backup and Replication, Symantec Cloud, Eset & Kaspersky Antivirus, WatchGuard XTM Firewall, Draytek Routers, Linux (CentOS / Red Hat), HP ML and DL servers & HP Switching, NAble Remote Network Monitoring.
- 5 years’ + strong Infrastructure experience in a similar position, desirably within another IT reseller.
- 5 years’ + experience working comfortably with the technologies supported by Enhanced, displaying confidence and knowledge of core networking/infrastructure principles and the ability to identify and resolve related issues.
- Has a thorough knowledge of business aspects of the application/s, and of technical aspects of the application system/s and the hardware and software environment in which they run.
- Desirably, the jobholder will be educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification such as MCP, VCP, MCSA or similar.
The commercial bits:
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for occasional travel to client site.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing. Experience supporting users at all levels on technical and complex issues.
- Methodical approach to work with an attention to detail.
What's in it for you?
- 23 days holiday, rising by 1 day per year of service, up to 25 days, after 2 years' service.
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience)
- Pension Scheme
- Access the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture.