Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is seeking an experienced Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer, you will log, manage and resolve complex 3rd line Infrastructure support calls such as; system modifications, developing workarounds or site-specific enhancements, reconfiguring systems, training users or operations staff and producing additional documentation. You are required to investigate a broad range of issues and other requests for support to determine appropriate actions to undertake and on occasions, you will be required to answer some 1st and 2nd line calls. You will provide a professional and timely service to Enhanced Infrastructure clients, whilst delivering an exceptional customer experience
What skills and experience should you have?
The techy bits:
- Knowledge of the setup, configuration, migration and support for some or all the following products or similar: VMware VSphere 6.x, Office 365 (setup & migrations), Microsoft Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server and Windows Clients, Veeam Backup and Replication, Symantec Cloud, Eset & Kaspersky Antivirus, WatchGuard XTM Firewall, Draytek Routers, Linux (CentOS / Red Hat), HP ML and DL servers & HP Switching, NAble Remote Network Monitoring.
- 5 years’ + strong Infrastructure experience in a similar position, desirably within another IT reseller.
- 5 years’ + experience working comfortably with the technologies supported by Enhanced, displaying confidence and knowledge of core networking/infrastructure principles and the ability to identify and resolve related issues.
- Desirably, the jobholder will be educated to bachelor degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification such as MCP, VCP, MCSA or similar.
The commercial bits:
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing. Experience supporting users at all levels on technical and complex issues.
- Methodical approach to work with an attention to detail.
- A commercial understanding of the solutions and services provided by Enhanced and must demonstrate a commercial awareness of what a business and its users need and expect from their IT Infrastructure.
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for occasional travel to client site.
What's in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience)
- Medicash health benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Access to the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture.