Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced are seeking an experienced Software Developer to join the team.
The Software Developer will work with customers and consultants to design, code, test, correct and document a range of size and complexity programs and program modifications from supplied specifications using agreed standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result. Also, working with off the shelf applications such as workflow or reporting tools, to customise and adapt to user requirements.
What will you be doing?
The work will involve a mixture of team and individual based development projects for customers within Enhanced both in-house and on-site. You'll take responsibility for specification, quoting, design, coding, developer testing, deployment and documentation phases of all projects assigned to you. As a member of a small growing development team you will use our standard design processes and procedures for system design, development, testing and deployment. You will also support the bespoke applications. To ensure we stay competitive in the market, you'll keep up to date with the latest technologies and development best practice.
What skills and experience should you have?
The techy bits:
- 2-3 years’ experience in Microsoft .net 3.5 upwards (C#, VB or both).
- 2-3 years’ experience in Microsoft SQL, including triggers & stored procedures.
- Thorough understanding in principles, methods and techniques for documenting standards such as programming standards, quality standards, etc.
- Ideally, the applicant will possess experience of Accounting & Order Processing ERP systems (Desirably Access Dimensions or a similar product)
- 2-3 years’ experience with reporting / BI tools.
- 2-3 years’ Experience of working with APIs and web services.
The commercial bits:
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for travel to client site.
- Proven commercial approach to solutions delivery with the ability to work either independently or as part of a team.
- Proactive, tenacious and driven to see a job through to completion.
- A “complete the job and communicate” approach to projects.
- An excellent communicator who can build relationships with clients and provide efficient updates where applicable & communicate any arising issues.
- Confident in on-site situations such as training and presenting development work to train end users, including both colleagues and customers.
What's in it for you?
- 23 days holiday, rising by 1 day per year of service, up to 25 days, after 2 years' service.
- Salary £35,000 DOE.
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun, professional culture!