Software Installation Engineer
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is looking for an Software Installation Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
The purpose of this role is to provide technical assistance for client software projects and jobs to include installation, report writing, data imports and version upgrades. You will take responsibility for the elements of a project that are assigned to you and ensure they are seen through to completion by exceptional standard. You will liaise with clients both in-house and on-site to support technical aspects of their implementation, whilst communicating complex information in a simple, non-jargon fashion.
What skills and experience should you have?
The techy bits:
2-3 years’ experience of the following:
- IT experience, in a similar role, desirably within an environment that operates a complex technical portfolio with multiple objectives.
- Working with MS SQL to include installation, configuration, data manipulation, tables, scripts and report writing and associated commands.
- Desirably, Orbis TaskCentre experience of creating alerts.
- Microsoft operating systems – Windows, IIS, network security.
- Crystal Reports and/or similar product with a solid understanding of methods and techniques for writing effective reports.
- Has a thorough knowledge of business aspects of the applications, and of technical aspects of the application systems and the hardware and software environment in which they run.
- Database experience with a business process system (such as ERP, Finance).
The commercial bits:
- Excellent analytical skills and problem-solving, with the ability to work well under pressure, with a positive, can-do attitude.
- Able to manage multiple, simultaneous projects with effective time management.
- Great interpersonal skills are essential as you will need understand customer issues and handle complex and technical queries.
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills in English.
- Quick to learn new skills and technologies.
- Proven track record of dealing with clients and developing effective relationships in a professional and commercial manner.
- Excellent knowledge of modern software architecture and design principles with a passion for technology.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence with access to a vehicle for business use.
What's in it for you?
- 23 days holiday, rising by 1 day per year of service, up to 25 days, after 2 years' service.
- Competitive Salary (dependent on experience) + car allowance
- Pension Scheme
- Access to use the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture.