Infrastructure Desktop Engineer
Posted: 23rd June 2022
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is looking for an Infrastructure Desktop Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
This role will be working as part of our support team, with the focus on fulfilling the onsite support element for some of our larger outsourced contracts. You will be expected to travel between a small number clients based locally to our offices in Poole. Based on the customer site, the role will entail providing 1st-3rd line support and working with the remote support team to fulfil the client’s day to day support needs.
In addition, the role will be responsible for some elements of the ongoing management of the systems, desktop builds and smaller projects.
This role would suit someone who has a strong support background and is looking for an opportunity to get more hands on and develop their knowledge of some more complex infrastructures.
What skills and experience should you have?
- A minimum of 2- 3 years’ + delivering support to 3rd line or above, desirably within another IT reseller.
- Holds security clearance or is eligible to go through the vetting process.
- Good knowledge and experience of using the technologies listed below.
- Strong Office 365 administration experience including exchange online and Azure active directory.
- Server administration and troubleshooting – Server 2012 upwards to include server issues, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Performance issues etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory administration.
- Troubleshooting hardware (desktops, printers)
- Investigation and troubleshooting of backup failures.
- Knowledge of how to do basic network troubleshooting (switches/firewalls)
- Experience using a PSA Tool or call logging platform.
- Able to work autonomously whilst remaining connected and aligned to shared team goals.
- An exceptional attention to detail.
- A desire to follow process while seeking opportunities to improve on them.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing.
- Experience supporting users at all levels on technical and complex issues.
- An understanding of the solutions and services provided by Enhanced, demonstrating a commercial awareness of what a business and its users both need and expect from their IT Infrastructure.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Modern office with free parking
- Access to the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture