Infrastructure Projects Engineer
Posted: 28th April 2021
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is looking for an Infrastructure Projects Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
This role sits within the Infrastructure department and will focus on completing infrastructure projects for our clients. Offering the right candidate the opportunity to develop their knowledge in new technologies, working across a range of different business in a variety of different sectors.
There will be opportunity and investment within this role to develop the right candidate to become an expert in some of our core technology offerings, including Microsoft Azure and M365.
What skills and experience should you have?
- 3-5 years’+ strong technical experience in a similar position, desirably within another IT reseller.
- Microsoft 365 (All core components plus experience with setting up the security features)
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server, Active Directory and Windows 10.
- Knowledge and understanding of common virtualisation technologies, ideally VMware vSphere
- Experience with common backup technologies (Veeam or similar)
- Deployment and configuration of Anti-Virus solutions.
- Firewalls (WatchGuard or similar)
- Experience of working with wireless technologies and understanding of the key principles required to deploy and configure.
- Understanding of key security principles and how these relate to the setup of infrastructure/software used within a project.
- Proven experience and understanding of Networking configurations and technologies i.e., vlan configuration, layer-3 networking setup.
- Experience with public cloud technologies, preferably with Microsoft Azure.
- Probably educated to degree level or holds a relevant professional qualification such as MCP, CCA, VCP, MCSA or similar. A Microsoft qualification in Microsoft O365 or Azure would be advantageous.
- The ability to demonstrate commercial awareness as well as strong technical skills.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with an ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with stakeholders across the business, particularly in projects where multiple Enhanced services are delivered.
- Self-manage to plan and organise your time so that all work is completed to a high standard and meets agreed deadlines.
- Ability to produce detailed documentation.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to identify risks and escalate appropriately.
As this role will involve travelling to client sites, a driving licence with access to a vehicle is essential.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Competitive Salary (DOE) + Monthly Car Allowance
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Modern office with free parking
- Access to the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture