Infrastructure Support Engineer
Posted: 17th January 2020
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced has a great opportunity within the Infrastructure Support team.
What will you be doing?
- The primary objective of this role will be to log, manage and resolve 1st and 2nd line Infrastructure support calls generated from our customer base or projects team.
- You will investigate a broad range of issues and other requests for support to determine appropriate actions to undertake. The job holder will work closely with the team on the Infrastructure support helpdesk to deal with a range of issues, including complex issues, where necessary.
- On a day to day basis, ensure the client’s core infrastructure is monitored and maintained to a high quality with specific reference to availability, performance, security and operability. This will cover servers, networks, telecoms, firewalls/routers/switches and storage.
- Monitor the progress of requests for support and ensures users and other interested parties are kept informed. Takes corrective action to avoid or minimise delays for clients.
What skills and experience do you need?
You’ll need 2- 3 years’ strong Infrastructure experience in a similar position, desirably within another IT reseller. You will have a commercial understanding of the solutions and services provided by Enhanced and must demonstrate an awareness of what a business and its users need and expect from their IT Infrastructure.
As an excellent problem solver with excellent troubleshooting skills, you will have the ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task. The ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing is key to this position. As this role may involve occasional client site visits, a driving licence is essential with access to a vehicle.
The skills and knowledge of the jobholder should cover the areas of configuration, analysis and support for some or all the following products or similar:
- Strong Office 365 administration experience.
- Strong Microsoft Active Directory & Exchange administration.
- Strong remote support experience of desktop, laptop and mobile devices including configuration and builds.
- Understanding of networking principles and ability to troubleshoot networking related issue.
- A desire to help people and communicate via telephone.
- A desire to learn and continue your own development and skillset.
- Firewall administration.
- Administration of VMware.
- Experience with various backup technologies.
- Knowledge of N-Able remote monitoring or simil
- An understanding of ITIL.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Competitive salary
- Medicash health care benefits
- Pension scheme
- Access to the Enhanced Campervan
- A professional but fun working environment with commitment to your development