Infrastructure Systems Engineer
Posted: 28th April 2021
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is looking for an Infrastructure Systems Engineer to join the team
What will you be doing?
The role will be part of our support team and equivalent to a third-line support role but focussed primarily on the proactive elements of our service as opposed to break/fix support. Day to day responsibilities will focus on maintaining, configuring and developing the tools we use to provide our managed services.
As well as managing the tools we use to manage our customers core infrastructure, the role will also be heavily involved in our managed security offering. As this will be a new service when this role comes on-board, the role offers the opportunity to be involved in shaping aspects of the service and technology used.
What skills and experience should you have?
- A minimum of 2 years’ + delivering support to 3rd line or above, desirably within another IT reseller.
- Outstanding “hands-on” experience using the technologies listed below.
- Excellent knowledge of security technologies including “best practices” and principles.
- Strong Office 365 administration experience including exchange online and Azure active directory.
- Server administration and troubleshooting – Server 2012 upwards to include server issues, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Performance issues etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory administration.
- Solid understanding of key networking principles and ability to troubleshoot networking related issues.
- Comfortable and confident in using the telephone as a primary communication tool.
- An exceptional attention to detail.
- A desire to follow process while seeking opportunities to improve on them.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing.
- Experience supporting users at all levels on technical and complex issues.
- An understanding of the solutions and services provided by Enhanced, demonstrating a commercial awareness of what a business and its users both need and expect from their IT Infrastructure.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
- As this role may involve occasional client site visits, a driving license is essential with access to a vehicle.
- Solarwinds N-Central or similiar
- Carbonite Server Backup or similar cloud backup solution
- Tenable IO or similar
Endpoint & Perimeter Security
- ESET Security Suite or similar
- WatchGuard Firewall or similar
Experience with a SIEM Tool (advantageous, but not essential).
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Modern office with free parking
- Access to the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture