Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer
Posted: 3rd March 2021
Are you looking to join a growing company with a fantastic culture? Enhanced is looking for a Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer to join the team.
What will you be doing?
To provide a professional and timely support service to Enhanced Infrastructure clients. The Job Holder will maintain key infrastructure support processes, and check that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures. As a Senior Infrastructure Support Engineer you will be working with users, alongside other staff and liaising with suppliers, as appropriate.
What skills and experience do you need?
- A minimum of 5 years’ + strong Infrastructure experience in a similar position, desirably within another IT reseller.
- Outstanding Office 365 administration experience including exchange online and Azure active directory.
- Physical and Virtual server (Hyper-V and VMware) administration and troubleshooting.
- Server 2012 upwards to include server issues, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy, Performance issues etc.
- Microsoft Active Directory administration.
- Strong desktop support skills (Office suite, anti-virus etc.)
- Solid understanding of key networking principles and ability to troubleshoot networking related issues including WAN, LAN, WLAN and VLAN.
- Experience troubleshooting and configuring Firewalls including LAN, WAN and VPN (mobile and branch office) rules and traffic monitoring.
- Experience troubleshooting various backup technologies and strategies.
- MS-900 and AZ-900 or the commitment to achieve these before the end of a 6-month probationary period.
- Strong Office 365 administration experience.
- Strong Microsoft Active Directory & Exchange administration.
- Strong remote support experience of desktop, laptop and mobile devices including configuration and builds.
- Understanding of networking principles and ability to troubleshoot networking related issue.
- A desire to help people and communicate via telephone.
- A desire to learn and continue your own development and skillset.
- Comfortable and confident in using the telephone as a primary communication tool.
- Ability to communicate complex information clearly and effectively by telephone, in person and in writing.
- Experience supporting users at all levels on technical and complex issues.
- The desire to progress and a positive and proactive attitude to self-development.
- An understanding of the solutions and services provided by Enhanced, demonstrating a commercial awareness of what a business and its users both need and expect from their IT Infrastructure.
- Excellent problem solving and troubleshooting skills with an ability to organise, prioritise and multi-task.
- Work methodically and thoroughly with attention to detail.
- As this role may involve occasional client site visits, a driving licence is essential with access to a vehicle.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday + BH
- Competitive Salary (DOE)
- Private Healthcare Plan
- Pension Scheme
- Modern office with free parking
- Access to the Enhanced Campervan
- Commitment to personal development and career progression whilst working in a company with a fun and professional culture