With a 9000+ product range, Medisave is a leading supplier of medical equipment. The company has offices based in the UK, New Zealand and the USA.
Following rapid growth the company found that their existing systems were struggling to keep up with their key objectives. Medisave wanted to accumulate all processes into one single solution, which would simplify business processes, provide better access to management information and highlight where efficiency savings could be made.
Enhanced implemented a solution based around Access Dimensions. This together with Enhanced’s impressive integration capabilities helped address the operational challenges facing Medisave.
The proposal consisted of a fully integrated system including core financial ledgers, SOP, POP & stock control giving the ability to handle end-to-end ordering and dispatch processing. All elements of the cycle were road mapped to see where savings could be made with in-built alerts to automate processes and smooth workflow.
- Enhanced linked every aspect of Medisave's processes into one fully automated system.
- Within 18 months, with the help of Enhanced’s Orbis automation, the Managing Director was able to move to the States to setup business over there.
- The business has grown from a £2 million turnover with 35 staff to one with a £11.5 million turnover with just 27 staff in the UK and 4 in the US.
- Medisave now have warehouses in Canada, the POS system supplied and remotely configured by Enhanced,which runs the front store of this location!
- The system automatically raises purchase orders leading to a 90% reduction in staff hours for this process.
- Greater efficiencies were recorded in all areas.
- Human error reduced by removing re-keying of information.
- Improved customer service - orders can now be placed through the web, with alerts sent by email or SMS to enable customers to track order progress, this significantly reduced in coming phone calls.
- Orders ready for warehouse staff when they arrive at work rather than waiting for office staff to arrive and process.
- Full integration with carriers, removing re-keying of addresses.
“Enhanced worked closely with me to map out our business requirements. I was particularly impressed with how quickly they turned my roughhewn ideas into processes that drive efficiency.”Graham Wright, Managing Director, Medisave UK LTD