Superior is an internationally recognised manufacturer of precision o- rings and seals. They are committed to a culture of continuous improvement in the design, manufacture and supply of o-rings and special mouldings.
Superior originally approached Enhanced 5 years ago to review their entire IT system and infrastructure. The challenge has been to continue to develop and improve the IT system to support the growing nature of the business. One key aspect to this was the storage platform which provides the foundation which the rest of the system is built upon.
Enhanced proposed the installation of a NetApp FAS storage solution to meet Superior’s ongoing data storage requirements and provide a single, scalable and high performance platform.
Superior now have a storage solution that provides:
- Higher performance for key applications with the introduction of Solid State Drives.
- Non-Disruptive Operations with NetApp Clustered Data ONTAP.
- Multiple protocol support (CIFS, NFS & Fibre Channel) to provide flexibility
- Point in time snapshots of the underlying data for a shorter RTO (Recovery Time Objective)
- More efficient data storage through the use of NetApp’s data deduplication technology.
- Ease of management provided by a single storage system.
- More efficient use of the storage capacity, therefore providing a lower total cost of ownership.
- Faster recovery of data by leveraging the built in snapshot technology.
- Improved overall performance leading to increased productivity.
“We are delighted with the partnership we have established with Enhanced. They have really supported us well and continue to give a first class service. We cannot thank the team at Enhanced enough for their efforts and professional advice which continues to help our company grow”Mark Wallis, Commercial Director, Superior